Although the name is a mouthful in itself, this fantastic treat is gluten free, sugar free, and outrageously good for you, delicious. Moringa is one of the most nutrient-dense plant foods on earth. Vitamins A-K, 18 amino acids, over 40 antioxidants, and over 30 anti-inflammatory compounds add up to a substantial 90+ nutrients from a single source. Although the moringa makes it look a bit off-putting during the mixing process, the end result is worth it. It’s my new easy to pack, perfect for flights, travel snack. Try it out:
- 3 medium bananas (can be frozen)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of alternative flour (I use coconut flour, but regular flour can be used if you aren’t trying to keep it gluten free)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons moringa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- raw cacao chocolate pieces (you can use chocolate chips if you aren’t trying to stay sugar free)
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C/375 degrees F/ gas mark 5 and either grease a loaf tin (or muffin tins) with a little coconut oil. Blend bananas, eggs, coconut oil, honey and vanilla until smooth. Combine chia, moringa, baking powder, alternative flour, and chocolate chips and bake for approximately 35 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center). Let cool, and enjoy!
Want to learn more about the awesomeness of moringa and other yogi approved treats? Connect with me and watch this space!